12.07.2008

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show


This past Wednesday the 2008 annual Victoria's Secret Fashion Show aired on CBS. To be honest I didn't really like this year's event at all. Year's past I have been in love with the show. I love the sexy outfits that grace the runway, as well as the killer music that they always have going along with the show. But this year was different. First of all, the runway was running left to right, horizontal, sideways, instead of front to back or up and down. That along left a bad taste in my mouth. It made it almost impossible to see the outfits well, not to mention the cameras this year were all over the place focusing more on the faces in the audience then the hot bodies of Adriana Lima and Heidi Klum. I mean wings weren't even a big deal this year. I think a few of the girls sported giant bows on their backs once or twice but the show definitely didn't have the same effect as it does when the famous angel wings come out on the backs of the models. And the music, gosh the music wasn't good either. Usher opened the show and then sang a song or two towards the end. I'm sorry Usher I usually love ya, but let's be honest you just didn't sound good, more like a little shakey, and maybe the hot models were to blame, they'd probably make me nervous too. In between Usher were some other people who obvisouly didn't make an impact on me considering I can't even remember who they were now. I'll admit that the show got better as it went on...I'll give them that, but come on I wait all year for this and this is what I got. Hopefully next year will be better.

1 comment:

meg4fancast said...

I actually thought this year was pretty good. Although some of the weird belts? threw me off a little bit. If anybody missed it, they can check it out on Fancast- Victoria's Secret Show on Fancast