10.04.2008

The Belmont


Looking for something fun to do with that significant other? I suggest having a night at The Belmont located on West Sixth. My boyfriend and I recently ate there and first of all their food is amazing. The Belmont has a nice, dim, quiet restaurant on the inside. We both ordered the salmon and it was absolutely delicious. After we ate we walked to the outside part of the joint which is always flocking with some of Austin's most trendy socialites. We sat on the terrace and drank martini's before we witnessed one of the coolest things I have ever seen. Every Friday night The Belmont hosts a "fire show" on their outside stage. The performance is put on by an extremely entertaining group called "The Usual Suspects." They blew our minds. Their show was not only very interesting and memorizing. But each group member does a dance to some of the most creative mash ups done by a DJ which force everyone in the crowd to want to dance along. But don't sit too close...the heat gets pretty intense.

2 comments:

Terri said...

I loved the Belmont! Thanks for taking me there!

Terri said...

I can't wait for your next article!