11.10.2008

Missy Higgins


Australian singer-songwriter Missy Higgins has one of those voices you can't help but fall in love with.

The 24-year-old's newest album "On a Clear Night" has remained on repeat on my iTune's playlist for the past week.

My favorite song on the album is "Where I Stood" a song that carries a more personal meaning to me. This is actually the first song I heard by Higgins when I caught it on the late night program Nocturnal State on VH1. This song is what made me gain interest in this previously unheard of artist.

The lyrics in "Where I Stood" seem to flow perfectly together, each line rhyming, each line reaching out to anyone who would listen. Here is chorus from the song:

Cos I don't know who I am, who I am without you
All I know is that I should
And I don't know if I could stand another hand upon you
All I know is that I should
'Cos she will love you more than I could
She who dares to stand where I stood

I even got my roommates addicted to the album. Each time I walked into one of their rooms this weekend they were playing her music. I guess Higgins is just one of those artists who makes such an impact on their audience even with just one song that the listeners have no other choice but to become addicted to their music for the time being.

3 comments:

Beth said...

I first heard Missy Higgins on "One Tree Hill". Great stuff, really enjoy her album.

Terri said...

I am going to have to give her a listen! Thanks!

Terri said...

I listened to Where I Stood, Scar, and Steer and really liked her music!