9.30.2008

ACL: Cough Cough

It's safe to say I've been slacking on my blogging. I'm not going to try and make excuses but I will say that I have been working as a slave for Austin City Limits since this past Thursday. Thursday night around 5:30 PM it began. I was hired to work as a bartender for the ACL's VIP pre party benefit. I'd have to say it wasn't too shabby serving complimentary beverages to guests while getting a front row view of the Blues Travelor's performance but little did I know that this night would be the beginning of the longest weekend of my life. The rest of the weekend is now a complete and utter blur to me. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday I arrived at Zilker Park at 10:00 AM. Each day I bartended at bar #4, not only was this bar located next to the main AT&T stage, but it remained one of the busiest bars in the park the entire weekend. Each night, after cleaning all of the bar mess, I left the park around 11:00 PM. Yes, that means that I worked 13 hour+ days the entire weekend. Not to mention, the whole weekend consisted of working conditions such as, the constant inhaling of dirt and dust from the great Zilker Park, dealing with drunk hippies all day, and worst of all serving customer after customer who were getting to enjoy the coolest music festival of the year while I was stuck behind a muddy bar. Sunday night when I got back to my aparement I collapsed. I had offically lost my voice. I was pretty sure I had over a pound of dirt and dust gathered in my lungs. And I was most definietly sleep deprived and exhausted from my super long weekend. I will tell you that I am just now gaining back control of my life. This weekend officially forced me to be left behind in a giant cloud of dust (literally) as life as I knew it carried on without me. But good news for all, it is late Tuesday night and I finally feel that I am back on track. See you out there all.

1 comment:

Terri said...

Did you at least get to have a drink here and there! Sounds like fun!