9.25.2008

Einstein Bros: Bagels

Here we go again. I'm the type of person that tends to get overly passionate about certain food products. This is how it works, that certain food becomes the only thing I eat (yes all three meals including snack time) until I am so sick of it that I'm lucky if I'll be able to eat it again for the rest of my life. I know, pretty lame. For instance, some of the food I've been hooked on in the past include everything from the time I discovered how great string cheese was, to when I suddenly had immense love for Rosemary and Olive Oil Triscuits, or worst of all, when I discovered Lean Cuisine's Panini meals. During my panini fad, my entire freezer stayed stocked full with the tiny white boxes for about two months. During those two months, breakfast, lunch, and dinner all consisted of a panini from a box. And then it happens, I suddenly realize I no longer have a love for the food. The gracious panini's that kept me full for two whole months I instantly want to clear from my fridge and never hear from again. Well this time it's bagels that have caught my eye. Not just any bagels though, Einstein Bros' bagels. Not only have I become entranced by all of the 18 delicious flavors of bagels that the Einstein Bros offer, I have also found an unconditional love for the many different Cream Cheese Schmears I can chose to top my bagel of choice with. Yesterday, I made a stop by the busy store to pick up my weekly bagels. Lucky for me and my current addiction, the bros are currently offering a "12 bagels with 2 schmears for only $12.00" deal. So I stood in line and picked all 12 of my bagels out and my two schmears (I chose plain and onion and chive of course). I even waited an hour for them to make my onion bagels because they were out at the moment and I couldn't bare to let myself leave without taking my favorite kind home with me. So for the time being, bagels it is. My center-less, carbohydrate-packed buddies have done me good so far. Well it is only the second week of our relationship...it's only a matter of time before they too will have to hit the road!

2 comments:

Marc Sherman said...

If you haven't tried it already, honey almond cream cheese on a sesame seed bagel will change your life. the end.

Terri said...

You are so funny and entertaining!! Thanks for making me smile!!