9.22.2008

Amelie


Before I made my trip out to "no more power land" I was able to watch a great movie which I have heard a lot about but somehow it is always already checked out at any of my local Blockbusters. Amelie is a French film about a young girl, named Amelie, whose life is changed after she finds a hidden box of treasures in her bathroom wall. After returning the box to its owner Amelie realizes that she has a calling to help change the lives of others for the better, all while battling with her own messy life. The movie is in sub-titles but that in no way hindered it. The movie has been very successful it won best film at the European Film Awards, four awards at the Cesar Awards, two BAFTA Awards, and was nominated for five Academy Awards. I found the movie to be extremely funny and clever. It is definitely a feel good movie. I reccommend renting this one and switching it up a bit from everyone's typical box office gold rental choices.

1 comment:

Terri said...

I am not really into sub-titles but, I will give it a try.